November 22, 2012

thankful.

hi everyone,

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all our american family & friends and even non-american family & friends :)...
a few days ago i read an article written by an interior designer who said that he was going to frame pictures of what he was thankful for over this past year and place them on his thanksgiving dinner table. i thought that would be a perfect way to show your friends and family what you're thankful for, and also to take a look back and see how God has been faithful over this past year. so since i can't have you all over for dinner.. which would be way fun.. i'm just going to have to do this the good ol' fashion internet way. 

so, here is a look at what i'm thankful for this year (in no particular order)...

for most of 2012 i was pregnant :). it definitely had it's ups and downs... but mostly ups. i loved being pregnant... i'm thankful for the gift of bearing and bringing a child into the world, it's one of the most amazing experiences--ever... 


i'm thankful that shaun was able to go to ethiopia back in may... God used that trip (before and after) to stir us up and give us an even stronger burden for orphans. the Bible says that God sets the lonely in families.. my prayer is that we would be a family that God would set the lonely in...


i'm thankful that for the past 3 1/2 years we've been able to serve in hungary at CCBCE with these amazing people (p.s. i was 6 months pregnant :))...


i'm thankful we were able to visit this place one more time (schloss heroldeck | millstatt, austria)... 


i'm thankful that we got to spend our summer with these crazy kids... aka, the AVFLers... 


i'm thankful for all of our wonderful family. and i'm espeically thankful that both of our moms and shaun's dad & step-mom were able to visit us this year...


i'm thankful for my two precious gifts... jude henry and sonya marie. God has entrusted these two in my care, and i'm so thankful that i get to be their mama...


i'm thankful for this time of year! i love Christmas time for two reasons... 
1. celebrating the birth of my dear Lord and Savior.. Jesus... 
2. this time of year always brings back memories of when shaun and i got married. this year, on decmeber 30th, we will be celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary. i'm so thankful for the love he shows me each and everyday and the godly example he is to me...


last but not least, i'm thankful that another year goes by that i walk with Jesus.. i couldn't imagine my life without Him. He is my everything.. my Helper, Comforter, Strength, Hope, Giver of Peace and Grace, Shepherd to just name a few. HE is the reason i've had these amazing blessings in my life... 

"But God is so rich in mercy, and He loved us so much, that even though we were dead because of our sins, he gave us life when He raised Christ from the dead. (It is only by God's grace that you have been saved!)" - Ephesians 2v4-5

praying you all have a day filled with thanksgiving in your hearts! 
love, 
megan 

"They sang, 'Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and strength below to our God forever and ever! Amen.'" - Revelation 7v12

3 comments:

  1. Aw megs I love this!!!! Happy thanksgiving ... I'm thankful for YOU! I love all your beautiful pictures , and I want to cuddle your adorable babies. Make some yummy pumpkin pies today:) miss u guys - Katie b.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so beautiful!
    Megan, I love reading your heart. I wish we had more time to hang and talk... but I am so excited for the next season of your life.
    I am thankful for the 4 of you, for the love, joy and peace the Lord has poured into my life through you.
    I LOVE YOU!
    Isabella

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very thankful indeed <3
    Talia

    ReplyDelete