August 29, 2014

...But Also Your Own Lives

Wow. I can’t believe how quickly our time in the states has gone... that was a fast few months! The last days were busy with Costco/Target/Walmart runs, a last trip to Disneyland, tons of goodbyes, and of course, trying to eat all the chips and salsa and frozen yogurt I possibly can. :) 

I've also done some reflecting on our time. I can truly--from the bottom of my heart--say that we have been totally overwhelmed by the faithfulness of God and the fellowship of His saints. 

In these past few months we’ve had so so many opportunities to share about what God is doing in Ethiopia, in Ebenezer Grace Children’s Home, in lives of some pretty special friends, and in us. We traveled from Ethiopia to Hungary, staying at the Bible College for a week.  We split our time between California and Colorado.  All in all, one of the Havelaars were in Arkansas, Oregon, New Mexico, and somewhere in between.  

As I think about all these opportunities... it's really comes down to two things for me: 
  1. The grace of God
  2. Amazing relationships within the body of Christ
It’s humbling to think that the only reason why we even had these wonderful opportunities to share at so many places, and were able to meet with so many, is because our Loving Father has woven our stories of grace together somewhere along the journey. Whether in Colorado, California, Hungary, or elsewhere. The verse that comes to mind is 2 Thessalonians 2v8, 

"So, affectionately longing for you, we were well pleased to impart to you not only the gospel of God, but also our own lives, because you had become dear to us."

Shaun and I have had faithful servants--like so many of you--not only give us the gospel of Jesus Christ, but also pour your lives into ours along the way.  God has used so many wonderfull people in our lives to simply point us to Jesus.  He has been so gracious to continue to lead and guide our steps, and to allow our paths to cross with those who have left an imprint on our lives.  He has done so as we walk with Him. 

Thinking about all of this makes my heart full.  Shaun often likes to us the word "thankFULL"... and this seems to be the perfect word to describe our time over the past months, as well as our time in Ethiopia.  I already felt so incredibly privileged to be serving Jesus through these little lives at Ebenezer Grace Children’s Home... and now I’ve been stirred up even more.  

I am excited to be able to build on our relationships with these kids and start new friendships in our city.  I am excited to allow God to use my life and my family’s lives to reflect His love… just as many of you have done for us.  For the very important ways you've been used to impact us... thank you!

Grace amazing,

Megan 

No comments:

Post a Comment